FEDERCHIMICA, the italian federation of the chemical industry, ensures representation and services for its members.
The following are of particular interest for AIA member companies:
- institutional representation for the industry vis-à-vis national and Community institutions and central and regional public administrations, through its operational organisation in MILAN, ROME and BRUSSELS, which works in close coordination with AIA;
- management and advice to members with regard to legal, technical and scientific issues connected with: safety and health at the workplace; product safety; environmental protection; industrial risk management; transport of hazardous goods;
- representing companies vis-à-vis trade union organisations, mainly through the stipulation of the national collective labour contract; assisting companies with legal, interpretation, social security and vocational training issues connected with the legal and contractual rules governing the employment relationship; reporting and elaboration of information and statistical data on matters regarding, among others, labour costs, wages and job positions;
- promotion of Italian products abroad and assistance to companies on foreign trade-related matters (antidumping, suspended duties, etc.);
- supporting communication and promotion of the industry image.